About Thomas Henthorne
Top Marin Real Estate Agent & Marin Realtor®
#1 Marin County Agent
Golden Gate Sotheby’s International Realty 2017
Top 5 Ranked in 2018-2021
Combining a background in Fortune 500 marketing, landscape design and home remodeling with a passion for real estate.
I have been working as a real estate agent in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 10+ years, providing exceptional service to my clients with my strong strategic skills and my customer-service orientation. I am proud of my affiliation with Marin County’s number one brokerage, Golden Gate Sotheby’s International Realty, which provides my clients with global exposure, strong brand recognition and unparalleled local expertise.
I am also proud to have been named Golden Gate Sotheby’s International Realty’s #1 agent in Marin County in 2017, and consistently have ranked in the top 5 since then.
My extensive background in marketing for a Fortune 500 company, combined with my experience as a Peace Corps Volunteer, a landscape designer and as someone who has bought, remodeled and sold homes in the Bay Area for 25 years have laid the ideal foundation for my career in real estate.
I combine my strong business / marketing sense, my creative design aesthetic and my calm, professional demeanor with timely and honest communication to provide my clients with concierge-level services. I truly love what I do, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Through my strong social media and internet presence I employ a variety of inbound marketing techniques to showcase my listings as well as offer advice to clients and potential clients. You may want to check out my all-original Marin Real Estate News and Lifestyle Blog, as well as my presence on Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Pinterest, Twitter and Google Plus.
After completing my service in the US Peace Corps in Togo, West Africa in 1993, I came to San Francisco and eventually made the move across the Golden Gate Bridge for the beauty and serenity of Marin County in 1998. I began my career in residential real estate after working in marketing for Levi Strauss & Co. for 10 years and then founding my own landscape design company. I have quickly established myself as a top Marin real estate agent and am a proud member of the Marin Top Agent Network.
I hope you can take a moment to explore my website to begin learning about real estate in Marin County. After reading a bit about the county and its beautiful towns, you might want to take a look at my featured properties or perform a custom search for homes. You can even set up a property organizer to track homes you like or receive email alerts when new homes matching your criteria come on the market.
As a top Marin Realtor®, I work hard to earn and maintain my clients’ trust. Whether you are buying or selling a home, or just have questions about the market, I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Areas of Expertise
• Strong negotiation and collaboration skills to ensure my clients’ interests are well-represented
• Adept at navigating emotional / stressful negotiations with fact-based calm reasoning
• Clearly listening to and acting upon my client’s needs — strong customer service orientation
• Excellent interior and exterior design aesthetic which enables me to present my listings in the best light, and helps buyers see the potential in the homes I show them
• Industry-leading social media presence providing leading-edge marketing for my sellers and insights into new listings coming soon for my buyers
• Deep knowledge of Marin County and San Francisco
• I love what I do and work very hard which yields superlative results for my clients. There’s no such thing as a “day off” in real estate.
• #1 Marin County Real Estate Agent Golden Gate Sotheby’s International Realty 2017
• Top Marin County / Bay Area Realtor Since 2010
• Member Top Agent Network
• Landscape Design and Project Management – Featured in Sunset Magazine and HGTV’s “Curb Appeal”
• Marketing – Levi Strauss & Co.
• U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer – Small Business Development, Togo West Africa
(Read about my Peace Corps Experience here.)
• Industrial Engineer – First American Corporation
• USF Masters Swimming
• Travel (favorites are Italy, Bali, Santa Barbara, Savannah, Paris and Nashville to name a few!)
• Garden design (Lotusland is one of my favorites)
• Hiking the wonderful trails and eating at the great restaurants in Marin County.
• Marin Humane Society – Please adopt or donate today!
• Autism Speaks – Please donate today!
Top Marin Realtor® Thomas Henthorne
Please call or text me at 415.847.5584 to discuss your real estate questions and needs, or complete the below contact form.
Let’s tell the next success story.™